Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas, you can go away now!

December 16th? Already? Seems like this month … well, these past few months have flown by so fast that I can’t even stop to take a breath. December is a fast paced month with Christmas presents to buy, decorations to put up & in my case, finals. Yes, the dreaded finals!! My family just does not get into the Christmas spirit like a lot of other people and that fact is totally evident this year. Let me give you a quick run down of how Christmas decorating goes at my house: two weeks after Thanksgiving 3 Christmas trees go up, a snowman goes in the front yard, wreaths are on the windows & a spotlight is shining on our house. That is a typical Christmas, but no … not this year. This year we have one tree. That’s all, just one. Oh and this one tree went up last week without decorations, because those went up Saturday.

I attempted to finish up my Christmas shopping yesterday but did not succeed. However, I did manage to buy some things for myself, my brother, and my sister-in-law. Not too bad ... even though I spent a few hours at the mall. But Merry Christmas to myself! I still need to finish up presents for my parents but that will be accomplished on Thursday, or maybe Friday morning? Oh, I can't decide. I hate waiting until the last minute because that seems to be the only time everyone else in the world shops too. Crowds are not my thing … neither is the Christmas music the stores play, or the long lines that are not necessary to stand in to purchase ONE item. (yes, that almost happened to me at Ross) Christmas is so overrated. Shouldn’t we be celebrating Jesus’ birth instead? Sweet little baby Jesus ...

All-in-all I started wrapping my presents today. Mostly to get the clutter out of my room & because I have to have Emily’s (a co-worker) wrapped before our company Christmas party tomorrow night. Let’s face it when I start wrapping, I just can’t stop. So I got baby Andrew’s, Lee, Shalon (hers is already in a pretty box with a bow), Emily, and BJ’s presents all wrapped and under the Christmas tree. (it's beginning to look a little more like Christmas now) I have a few more left & thankfully, I will be done soon. I am pretty excited about spending time with the family. I love family time (as if you couldn’t already tell by my Thanksgiving blog) I also love watching my cats at Christmas. It’s always interesting to see what mischief they are going to find themselves in. With that being said I guess you could assume my favorite part is the present wrapping and watching my cats get into to “messy” situations. I’m just waiting on the holiday to be over & maybe we’ll skip it next year.

No comments: