Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas is officially over. My sanity returns!

Oh wow, what an overwhelming past few weeks. It seems (and feels) like I have been doing nothing but shopping, going to Christmas gatherings & shopping some more. It’s been a few days because I sadly encountered a virus bug that had been traveling around my office … and family for about a week so it put me behind schedule with everything else. Yes, I know … being sick during the holidays is no fun at all.

The great Christmas season started out with a delicious bang when my office has their annual Christmas party. My company is amazing. I am so thankful to have a great job with great people. This year we dined at Hearth and Harvest in Cartersville. Yummy, yummy! Each year we draw names (and it never stays a secret) but I had Emily’s name. So, the weekend before the Christmas party I was at the mall looking for the perfect present for her. I ended up picking out a “poofy” jacket with fur around the hood. (so cute) When we got to Hearth and Harvest and ordered our food the “head honchos” let us open one present … HOODIES! We each got hoodies & let me tell you, we were BEYOND excited to have these hoodies. Back to the food … I had a filet with a baked potato and salad. I didn’t dig the salad too much … it had cranberry’s and nuts on it & that just doesn’t make a salad to me. Too bad that I love food and ate it anyways. : ) After the meal we each handed out our presents and took turns (somewhat) opening them. Jessica had my name so I got a brown sweater with a white & brown scarf. PERFECT! Except … the weather hasn’t been cold enough for a sweater OR a scarf so I’m pretty sad about it. I guess that’s what happens when you live in Georgia …

Now the fun begins with more Christmas shopping! (not) I had everything done when I got hit with the ugly virus early Monday morning (before Christmas) Needless to say with two “sick days” at work later, it was Christmas Eve. I didn’t get to enjoy any holiday food & my stomach still hurt but I got a lot of nice things and spent some time with my family. For lunch on Christmas Eve my brother & his family came over to open presents and then that night, around 6:00 we ventured out to my Granny’s for more presents. I can’t complain about my presents but I’m not into Christmas for that reason. There’s so much more to it!

Merry Christmas!! Christmas Day morning was spent eating a delicious, traditional breakfast with the family and then me heading to my friend Crystal’s house to see what Santa brought her son, Eathyn. With no rest time it was off to BJ’s to exchange gifts with his mother. Rush, rush, rush because from there it was time to go to my Granny Joan’s. After we opened presents there I let out a silent sigh of relief. Oh, Christmas is over again! I did have a great time after present opening. I went to my cousin’s house to enjoy a few games of Rockband and on the Wii. I love the Wii … I think I need to get me one!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas & I hope you all got what you wanted from Santa. Stop and think about what’s most important this time of year. Be thankful for your friends, family and everything God has placed in your life. If you are alive, well, and have the Lord’s loving arms wrapped around you then you have everything to be thankful for. YOU are truly blessed!

No comments: