Friday, January 23, 2009

Snow in Tennessee ... but never in Georgia!

January is ending and there has been no freezing cold weather (at least for long periods of time) in sight and it is semi-upsetting. Yes, I will be the first to admit that I am not a fan of cold weather, or winter time, BUT here lately I have really been feeling the need to go on vacation where I can truly witness a winter wonderland. I have had a few friends visit Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, Tennessee here recently and they got to see the beauty of snow capped mountains and trees. I was slightly jealous with seeing their pictures and thinknig about how it never snows in Georgia and if it does it isn't enough to amount to anything important. I love living in the South, especially in the part that I live in but sometimes you do not have seasons. It's like mother nature skips over the cold ones & just gives us hot. Now, I do not have a problem with hot weather I just think snow is so pretty ... AND I love scarves and turtle neck sweaters. :) It's January and most states have already had several layers on snow and we've had just enough to tease us. So in my excitement with there being snow in Gatlinburg, I have planned a trip with a friend to go in February & I am going to HOPE I see snow that weekend. Not that snow would make or break my trip but it would just be so amazing to be able to come home and BRAG to everyone else. Until then though I will continue to daydream about playing in the snow!!

No comments: