Monday, February 9, 2009

random thoughts from my mind

Well, well, well Valentine’s Day is this weekend and all I can say is, “blah!”. I’m sure there is a lot of great things that happen on Valentine’s Day but it has never been one of my favorite holidays. It’s just non-existent to me for some reason. I’m not being bitter, or sad, I’ve usually always had someone to celebrate Valentine’s Day with but I just don’t get in to like other people do. I honestly can probably only remember one Valentine’s Day gift and that’s all. I understand that Valentine’s Day is a special day for you let everyone know how much you love and care about them but why should it be special on that ONE day? Shouldn’t someone always know you love them? I don’t know where this comes from … this bad attitude about Valentine’s Day but it’s here and I fear that it will always be here. Moving on …

The upside to this weekend is that it gets me that much closer to my short “vacation” in Gatlinburg with Mandi. :) I need a break from this place and everyone here. I know we’re going to Dixie Stampede and on a Hummer tour and I’m sure we’ll shop because that’s what we do best when we’re together … BUT we also get to stay in a great cabin with a hot tub and just relax. Oh, and we get to see some of our FAVORITE friends from Tennessee. And our friend, Michelle may have her baby while we are there or before we get there so we may have a baby to see, which is exciting. I love babies (as long as they aren’t mine!) Now that I’m talking about it I want to go get everything packed and ready to go!! I would not have a problem if someone told me I get to stay on vacation longer. I love vacation!

I did have a good weekend this past weekend. My friend Crystal’s little boy, Eathyn, had his first birthday party. I helped her get everything set up. I cannot believe that Eathyn is already 1. It seems like not too long ago Crystal found out she was having a baby!! He is such a sweet little boy. I think he got plenty of presents to hold him over for a while. His favorite gift though was a battery powered 4-wheeler from Matt & Crystal. He rode that thing all over the deck yesterday afternoon. If he drives anything like his “aunt” Heather then everyone needs to watch out!! Okay, enough non-interesting stuff. Hopefully this week will bring me more excitement. I guess we’ll see, right?

No comments: